Dienstag, 20. Januar 2015

Office Girl ... High Street



sometimes i end up wearing not only one vintage garment - just pieces from high street stores. like this morning past work week ... beaded knit top: primark // skirt: promod // belt: mango // lace up boots: old buffalo ...oh, but the thermo set earclips are vintage and found on a flea market ...

the last post i talked about vintage vs. modern (repro) fashion ... funny that i had this NO-vintage-item outfit still in the pipeline waiting to get posted. this skirt i bought for 11€ on sale after my boss told me that he wants to grade up my job in the future and give me some more official functions. i think, it is a good mix of looking professional and vintage vibe. (... i see it working perfectly mixed with other prints ... less professional - more fun). the beaded knit top i found before christmas ... i liked it, because it goes well with a lot of my vintage skirts. blahblahblah, sometimes i like to buynew fashion pieces ... but i snap them up when they are fairly priced or on sale ... the quality is mostly a little 'meeeeeh' - but in the end i didn't spend a lot of €uros on a full plastic pullover because it just looks like it's from 1956.
i don't give up - i'm still waiting for the repro label that makes me happy and that is affordable. (thumps up for my rock steady clothing skirt - after  a year rocking hard the office, it's still in a good condition)

thank you girls for your interesting comments on the vintage vs. modern post. i always enjoy to read about your experiences ....

12 Kommentare:

Pink Haired Princess hat gesagt…

I adore this look on you! The grid print is interesting and the shapes all work well together.

Jessica hat gesagt…

I really love how much vintage styles have infiltrated normal, non-vintage stores. I don't buy repro very often, but I will buy a vintage looking item from H&M in a heartbeat. It just seems like for the money, the fast fashion stuff has all the benefits of buying a reproduction item - easier to clean, less delicate - and none of the drawbacks - expensive, every vintage loving woman on the internet has one.
I really love this outfit on you. Very professional, like you said, but still your style. The black and white with different patterns in a great way to do print mixing.
<3
Jessica, Zella Maybe

Witchcrafted Life hat gesagt…

Really great outfit. I'm loving your mix of a windowpane checkered skirt and classic lace up boots. They are just fabulous together!!!

♥ Jessica

Porcelina hat gesagt…

It's great that you have the eye to put together vintage looks from the high street, not everyone can do that! I got annoyed reading Marie Claire today because they had a feature on 'Bardot hair' but they showed pictures of models with poker-straight hair which is so not Bardot!

Anyway, you're looking fabulous whatever the era of your clothes! x

The Grande Dame hat gesagt…

Great boots! I also love finding cheaper modern stuff which works well with a vintage look. Opshops are excellent for finding stuff.

Anonym hat gesagt…

That skirt and the boots! Absolutely love! <3

unknownprettylies.blogspot.com

ModernVintageStyle hat gesagt…

It really is difficult to tell what is vintage and non-vintage, which is great. This monochrome look is lovely on you and you get that perfect balance between maintaining your distinctive style and looking very professional - that always seems to me the biggest challenge. And the skirt - what a great buy! Kx

Mid Century Girl hat gesagt…

I saw that jumper in my local Primark and I was tempted! It looks great with that skirt :)

Unknown hat gesagt…

I think this outfit looks awesome on you. It's still vintage inspired even without the usual vintage pieces. I love your windowpane print skirt and that top looks like it'd be very versatile.

Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

Peaches McGinty hat gesagt…

I think this outfit is gorgeous, those boots *gasp* fabulous!! I do buy repro, charity shop and sale items, my boobs cause me some issues with fit though haha! x x x

Unknown hat gesagt…

Like the others said, i love the boots too! I never found a repro at a good price around here even in the charity shops - We are big here on upcycling not reproductions of vintage clothing.
I do buy new only when on sale and i mix vintage and new often, my fav way to wear vintage.
Congrats for the job!

Arianexo

AnaZ hat gesagt…

Ich mag deinen Stil im deisen Bild. Es seht aus Goth, meine lieblings art Von Kleidung